Fencing at transport application
Fencing is a contemporary synonym of safety. DAWID has been a leading manufacturer of safe fences used in cities for many years. We produce fencing for playgrounds, enclosed housing estates, houses, companies and schools. We now also install fences separating streets, bus stops and cycling paths. It is worth to note that our fences are not only safe, but also esthetic and adapted to urban architecture.
A transport fencing, on the one hand, designates accessible territory and on the other hand, outlines the “no entry” area. They are mostly installed in places with a prevalent tendency of pedestrians trespassing or in areas of higher traffic. They aim at eliminating or limiting danger a pedestrian or a cyclist who uses the road or facilities located nearby is exposed to. A fencing is certainly a barrier that a pedestrian, trying to take a shortcut in the wrong place, certainly cannot cross.
Places in which transport fencing is used
– along roads /streets/, mainly in places of high traffic in order to separate lines of pedestrians from the road,
– near crossroads, at which, due to safety reasons, it is necessary to direct pedestrians to specially designated areas,
– near zebra crossings, tram and rail tracks, tram and bus stops,
– near bike paths,
– in front of facilities regularly visited by children, as part of the “Safe Way To School” campaign,
– footbridges, riverfronts and seafronts.
Application of a fencing and determination of its type and length of the section on which it will be installed requires an analysis of both safety and traffic conditions.
TRANSPORT FENCING – technical specification
Technical data of the fencing
- Fencing spans:
– height around 1040 mm, width around 2130 m, width in a post axis around 2250 mm
– material: welded panel mesh with wire diameter (vertical/horizontal) – 5.00/5.00 mm, mesh size 50×200 mm, bottom rib to add stiffness
– the top reinforced with a channel section 30x30x2 mm
– method of installation: installation of a channel section to the post by means of splines for screws, installation of a panel to the post by means of grips/mounting screws
- Fence posts for spans:
– height: 1700 mm, post profile: 60x40x2 mm
– intermediate posts: two-sided mounting flat bars + double mounting bolts
– initial posts: one-sided mounting elements used with rivet nuts
– posts can be constructed on a footing in order to anchor them to the floor
– a post contains: stainless steel carriage screws M8 with a nut / for splines / two sets of clamping grips + threaded screws M8 80/130 mm metal roof mounted with rivets
- Additional information:
– anticorrosive protection: hot-dip galvanization additionally powder coating with a selected color
– the width and the height can be tailored to customers’ needs