Welded DAWID gabions are used for construction of anti-erosion revetments on slopes and under water or for construction of retaining structures. In particular:
- retaining structures supporting or replacing, partially or fully, earth structures, revetments of water reservoirs or of transport facilities adjacent to such reservoirs, construction sites or reinforcement of bridge supports and other transport structures and equipment;
- retaining structures built of reinforced earth and noise barriers;
- fords and structures limiting erosion of the bottom as well as waterway, reservoir and watercourse banks near bridge supports, earth structures and other transport structures.
Welded mesh DAWID bins are used for construction, modernization and repairs: of roads or waterways as well as in engineering transport structures.
Gabions are used for filling in with stones or other aggregate. Meshes are manufactured and formed into chests. As ready-to-use products, before filling them in with a suitable material, they are delivered to a construction site in a complex form and installed directly onsite.
A technical approval determines the usability of meshes in production of DAWID gabions used in transport engineering in the scope of:
- all public roads,
- all road engineering facilities,
- all rail engineering facilities,
- architectonic elements,
- property fencing,
- tables, benches and flower shelves.
Meshes for constructing DAWID gabions are made of a welded wire covered with aluminum and zinc alloy (Aluzinc) coating. The shape of mesh sheets and a mesh can be square or rectangular.
DAWID bin bracing wire has at least the diameter of the wire of which the mesh is made. A bracing wire ends with bent hooks. The distance between the hooks is a multiple of module 500 mm, adapted to the size of the bin. The anticorrosive bin bracing wire protection should be the same as of the mesh wire.
No. AT/2010-03-2571/1 valid until: 11.03.2015
The approval is replaced by the Polish standard PN-EN 10223-8:2014-E